To get here the fastest/cheapest way by train, enter your starting location into the
🔎 Google map to Sunshine City (Gyoza Stadium and weird ice cream store)
🔎 Google map to Tokyu Hands
How to get to Sunshine City:
• From inside Ikebukuro Station, follow the signs to the East Exit. Go up the stairs to the street.
• Cross the wide street in front of you and turn right. Walk along the stree until you get to the first street that heads off diagonally to your left. You’ll know you’re on the right street if you see a Bic Camera store on your left.
• Keep walking past the game center etc. until you get to the big overhead freeway. Across the intersection, you’ll see the Amlux Toyota Building on the corner.
• Cross the street and turn right. Walk alongside the Amlux building, and at the end of the block, across the street you’ll see the gigantic Sunshine City complex.
• Go down the big stairs, ride the moving sidewalk, then walk into the mall. Look for signposts. Namco Namja Town is on all the signposts and maps. It’s name looks like this: ナムコナンジャタウン
How to get to Gyoza Stadium and Ice Cream City:
• Go up the escalators to Namco Namja Town on the 2nd floor (follow the signs).
• Walk straight ahead toward the back of the building. Namco Namja Town will be directly ahead.
• Buy a ticket for ¥300 and go through the gate.
• Turn right and follow the signs to Gyoza Stadium.
• When you finish eating gyoza, keep circling around the “streets” until you see the weird ice cream store. It has a display of all the little cartons in front.
Also in Sunshine City:
• Aquarium (top floor)
• Mini-zoo (I call it The Zoo of Only Cute Animals)